Re: SD: Re: Dismissal from ticalc.org

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: SD: Re: Dismissal from ticalc.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Local Indy Hardcore <transitional@earthlink.net>
To: shell-developers@lists.ticalc.org <shell-developers@lists.ticalc.org>
Date: Friday, March 12, 1999 3:49 PM
Subject: Re: SD: Re: Dismissal from ticalc.org

>This isn't an issue of discrimination or anything like that.  I understand
>what you are trying to say;  However, whether or not a boycott would be
>successful is of no importance.  The fact is that TICALC.ORG provides a
nice
>service and putting them offline would serve little purpose to anyone.  If
>you look at this from another angle, such as the business world, such acts
>would probally get him (whose name escapes me) fired.  I am trying not be
>one-sided and I think it is very honerable how he has handled this
>situation.  I just beleive that things are going to far.  I plan on using
>TICALC.ORG for some time to come and beleive many others will as well.
Live
>and let live.

But the fact is, this is not the business world.  I don't think things have
been going too far.  If you believe what happened was fair and just, then
that's OK and things will keep going on as normal (hopefully).  But if it
was unfair, then all this discussion is definately justified.  After all,
don't you think that firing a staff member that has been with the site for
more than 2 years is rather significant?

Bryan