Re: Ti-89 Died

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ti-89 Died

I've noticed mention of eeprom often: does the 89 have eeprom?
Shouldn't a high powered magnet be able to remove all viri from ROM?
Shouldn't the button on the back do that automatically (the one under
the emergency battery)? And if so, how come the emergency reset button
didn't work for me?

On Mon, 02 Nov 1998 16:36:43 -0600, ToddEStan
<toddestn@nospam.visi.com> wrote:

|Since this will make Tom (the ti list Miss Manners) happy, here is a
|quote:
|> As for ROM, writing to that too is possible, otherwise the ROMs in all
|> our calcs would be empty.
|>

|Technically, you can write to a ROM, but only once.  Then it cannot be
|overwritten or erased.  That is why a rom virus isn't a problem in any
|calcs but the 73, 89, and 92+.
|
|Since I know you are going to bring it up, there are exceptions, and
|eeprom, and simular technologies, but for the ordinary rom chip this
|holds true.
|
|Todd

|--

|Spam filters in place.  If you are accidently blocked, remove nospam.

Follow-Ups: References: