Re: Ti-89 Died

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ti-89 Died

I grew up in the days when you COULDN'T flash a BIOS. There *should* be
protection against that.
<<It's still very fixable, Tom.  You just need another computer, with the
same motherboard, to fix the eeprom.  It has been successfully done....>
<<I would define hardware damage as something that is totalled.  It is
history, and can never be used again.  Such as frying the Mobo.>>
******************
<<Now try to be a bit nicer to people in the future, and they will be
nicer to you.>>
******************
Goofball wrote:
<<impratical. >>
So? Impractical does not mean impossible. You just admitted defeat: reflashing
the EEPROM is possible. Thus it is software damage, though very nasty damage.
<<it is very possible to write to
an eeprom, unlike what stl137 claimed.>>
Did I ever say that writing to EEPROM was impossible? Nope. Writing to ROM *is*
impossible.
Two words: eat that.
------
STL137@aol.com  ===>  Website: http://members.aol.com/stl137/
PGP keys: ~~~pgp.html Quotes: ~~~quotes.html
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of
tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Follow-Ups: References: