Re: TI-83 and the line that best fits

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-83 and the line that best fits

>Hi.  I am an an 8'th grade algebra student.  I would like to know
>how to use my TI-83 to find a line that best fits a linear equation.
>Any information would be helpful.

A linear equation is a line. If you want to fit a line to data in this
lists you have to choose LinReg(ax+b) under the STAT - CALC menu. You
then put the list containing the x variables then a comma {,} then the
list containing the y variables then if you want to graph the line,
another comma and a Y variable from the VARS - Y-VARS - Function... menu.
Press enter and you will get the equation for the graph and the equation
is also put into the y variable you chose, accessible from Y=.

What you type in looks some thin like this:
LinReg(ax+b) ,L1,L2,Y1

I hope this is of some assistance.

From,
      Wesley Moore