Re: javier jimenez <jimenez@NETLINE.CL>: Tamagotchi

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: javier jimenez <jimenez@NETLINE.CL>: Tamagotchi

On Tue, 9 Sep 1997 18:06:37 -0500, 82nd Deer <eviljim@MEGSINET.NET>
wrote:

>1) I don't think the tamagochi is impossible, but...

Having a tamagochi for a calculator is naturally impossible unless
someone makes a device that attaches to the link port and extends the
capbilities of the thing quite a bit:

1. Accurate timing device. The TI-8x series have a condensator system
which means you can never be completely sure, and there is no way to
keep time when the thing is off.

2. something that can catch your attention. a vibration unit as used
in mobile phones and pagers, or a simple sound device.

3. kilos of ROM.

Artificial Intelligence is not all that hard in theory, it just takes
a lot of space, or the writing of a radical new system that (usually)
uses special hardware such as neuronetworks (That's a processor that
doesn't work with 1's and 0's, but in 'yes, they sorta match' and
'naw, looks nothing like what I have here :-P.' I am sure the little
tamogotchi thing has something special.. either loads of ROM, or
special hardware.

Sure, I could make a little sprite that 'does' stuff, but it won't be
as intelligent and annoying as the actual tamagochi. I can make doom
on the ti-8x, and yet it won't be anything like it (Wolfenstein is
another questoin.. as Daedalus proves, a raytracer can be done on the
ti-8x. (raycaster is different!).

Follow-Ups: References: