Re: Reply..

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Reply..

Richard Bayless wrote:

> Henhouse8@AOL.COM wrote:
> >
> > I just purchased a ti-86 and tried to backup my ti-85 onto it. It gave me a
> > transmission link error which tells me that backing up doesn't work with
the
> > two different calculators. I was trying to back up my 85 because i wanted
> > put Zshell onto my 86. Since I cannot transfer Zshell from my 85 to 86, i
was
> > wondering if there was a 86 version of Zshell that I could download from
> > somewhere so I can play the new games for the 86. Please write back if you
> > can tell me the answer.

Thank
> > you,

Richard
> > Yoon
>
>         I just got my TI-86 calculator today, too and I heard that you
> do not
> need ZShell at all on TI-86. I do not know if that is true or not, but
> that is what I have been told by a lot of people.
>
> Sincerely,
>
>         Richard Bayless

On the TI-86, shells for running ASM programs ARE NOT NEEDED.  I want to
emphasize that because there was a the discussion on this list not too
long ago on this topic that got pretty heated.  All you need to do is
send the ASM program just like any other program and run it using the
ASM( command on the 86.

                                Notrub

--
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human
mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge."

                        --Thomas Raynesford Lounsbury
                          (1838-1915)
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Way/5423/
mailto:chriscrutch@geocities.com