Re: TI-82 programmer at your service.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-82 programmer at your service.

You must not have visited ticalc.org in a while, because there is something
in the ASM science directory.  And why isn't ti coming out with ASM
programs?  Simply put, they say asm doesn't exist on the 82 and 85.  What
programs/functions DO you need that aren't built into the calculators,
excatly?

At 01:05 PM 8/31/97 -0400, you wrote:
>On Sun, 31 Aug 1997 12:48:42 GMT Reinier Zwitserloot
><R.Zwitserloot@BTINTERNET.COM> writes:
>>On Fri, 29 Aug 1997 23:12:51 -0400, e e <bike17@JUNO.COM> wrote:
>>
>>e.e. klos, take a wild guess as to how your ti calc work (forget
>>zshell for a second.) it's all magically in there? It's all programmed
>>in TI-Basic? and if so, the TI-Basic just sorta was there?
>>snipped<
>>I still wonder what you think it's written in.
>

>Gee, stupid me, thinking basic was written in machine code.  What was I
>thinking?  Alright, here is my take on the subject.  I am told that I
>don't see much math support in the way of programs because the needed
>stuff is built in.  (actually, some of the stuff I want isn't)  But I
>also hear that ASM is better for math.  OK, if it is so much better, then
>why don't I see a rash of ASM programs replacing the basic stuff?  Last
>time I visited TICalc.org, the game folders under ASM were stuffed, but
>the math and science folders were empty, not a couple programs, but
>totally EMPTY.  I also thought that since TI has highly paid, highly
>intelligent programmers (more intelligent than any of us) working for
>them, they would know better than us what works better.  The last problem
>I have with ASM, is the space that the shells take up.  ASH uses
>something like 15K!  Leaves little room for my programs.  I was filling
>the calc with my stuff before I tried ASM.  I would like ASM a lot more
>if I had more space after for programs.  However, for the time being, I
>realize that I not going to win, so I will back down, though I still like
>basic more.
---
Evil Jim
Viva La Mexico
<eviljim@writeme.com>
http://members.tripod.com/~eviljim/
I want to die in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming in pain like
the passengers in my car...

Follow-Ups: References: