Re: TI-82 programmer at your service.

[Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-82 programmer at your service.

On Sun, 31 Aug 1997 12:48:42 GMT Reinier Zwitserloot
<R.Zwitserloot@BTINTERNET.COM> writes:
>On Fri, 29 Aug 1997 23:12:51 -0400, e e <bike17@JUNO.COM> wrote:
>
>e.e. klos, take a wild guess as to how your ti calc work (forget
>zshell for a second.) it's all magically in there? It's all programmed
>in TI-Basic? and if so, the TI-Basic just sorta was there?
>snipped<
>I still wonder what you think it's written in.

Gee, stupid me, thinking basic was written in machine code.  What was I
thinking?  Alright, here is my take on the subject.  I am told that I
don't see much math support in the way of programs because the needed
stuff is built in.  (actually, some of the stuff I want isn't)  But I
also hear that ASM is better for math.  OK, if it is so much better, then
why don't I see a rash of ASM programs replacing the basic stuff?  Last
time I visited TICalc.org, the game folders under ASM were stuffed, but
the math and science folders were empty, not a couple programs, but
totally EMPTY.  I also thought that since TI has highly paid, highly
intelligent programmers (more intelligent than any of us) working for
them, they would know better than us what works better.  The last problem
I have with ASM, is the space that the shells take up.  ASH uses
something like 15K!  Leaves little room for my programs.  I was filling
the calc with my stuff before I tried ASM.  I would like ASM a lot more
if I had more space after for programs.  However, for the time being, I
realize that I not going to win, so I will back down, though I still like
basic more.

Eric E. Klos,  aurora-guy@juno.com  Mt. Clemens MI
previously bike17@juno.com, please resend any messages to that address.
to my new address, aurora-guy@juno.com.  Thank you.