Re: inferred?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: inferred?

Making a radio link could be implimented without a microcontroller....but I
think it would be MUCH easier to do so.  If you run the MCU freq. at >2x the
Ti-xx's freq. you could send the data multiple times without slowing down
data transmittion(so kind of error control).  Using a chip with hardware
serial transmission built in would make the task much simplier.  With a MCU
you won't have to have to use two transmitters/receivers either.  You can
synchronize the calc's with one data stream if the freq. is higher than the
calc's port 7 data transmission rate.  The ultimate goal would have the
radio link operate exactly like a cable according to the calc.  Sounds like
a fun project for an experienced RISC programmer.  Personally,  I'm familar
with programming motorola MCU's but not THAT familar that I'm just going to
whip one up :_)