Re: This Newsgroup/List Serve

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Wed, 26 Nov 1997, 82nd Deer wrote:

> Look, to all the complaining jerks out there, here it is:

Oh, I'm so sorry.  I just want to stop the spam.  I don't understand why
you have a problem with this concept..

> 1) This listserve is crosslinked to a newsgroup.  That's the way it is,
> that's the way it always will be.  TI set it up this way, TI wants it this
> way, and TI is going to keep it this way.  Previously people have asked for
> it to change, but they don't WANT to.  Okay?  So stop asking for them to do
> it again, because it's just not going to happen.

I just contacted TI about this matter, we'll see what they say..

> 2) If you want a Spam Free list, go to http://www.ticalc.org/ and subscribe
> to their independent lists.  They are not crosslinked and, therefore, do
> not receieve spam.  They are also more targeted (TI-BASIC, ASM85, etc)

I was here before the spam and I refuse to leave.

> 3) I've been on this list over a year.  Since then I've provided answers to
> nearly everyone on this list who has asked a 85 question.  I've provided
> this service to this list.  I'm sick of new people who have helped NOBODY
> that come onto this list and act like big tough guys.  I'll be rude to
> them, yes, because they deserve it.

I didn't just come onto this list.  I have been on this list for quite a
long time, and I have contributed on occasion.  I have been quiet about
this problem for a good while, but I'm sick and tired of it.

> 4) If you have any problems with me or the way I act, take it up with me,
> or you can ask TI to remove me.  I don't really care if I get removed,
> anyway, seeing as I no longer get anything out of this list, besides
> helping other people out.

What I'm wondering is how your parents could be letting you stay up this
late..

> 5) In short, if you haven't contributed to this listserve, you have **NO**
> right to talk about what happens in it, so go f- off.

I don't know if you're directing this to me, but I assume you are, so in
short, if you have nothing constructive to say, don't say it.  Telling me
to f**k off 10 or 20 times is not going to make the spam go away.

I know a good number of people who simply have dropped this list because
they complained of the spam and received responses like this from people
like you.  What a great way to represent the TI community (sarcasm).

Follow-Ups: References: