Re: Accelerating the 85

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Accelerating the 85

At 12:02 PM 5/29/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I would like to know if anyone here on this list has hacked into their TI-85
>and accelerated the calculator.  If so, then can you tell what happened
>and/or explain how you did it and how it works.  Also, how much did running
>it in accelerated mode drain on the battery?  Did you notice that you had to
>replace the 4 batteries more frequently?  I already copied that text of
>accelerating the calc by K. Miller, but his directions were a wee bit
>sketchy.
>     As of yet, I haven't opened up the case because of time restraints, but
>I plan to do it soon, and if this acceleration process is extra beneficial,
>then I'll probably do it this weekend or sometime soon.  Thanx...
>
>Scott
>PhenixK@aol.com

I have read the articles on accelerating, and from what I understand, you
can add a switch to change between the two different capacitors.  Use the
old capacitor when the 85 is off and when you have it on, use the new one.
This will save batteries from draining out as quickly.  If you use this
method, you shouldn't notice much change in the use of the batteries.

Signed,
Thomas J. Hruska

|----------------------------------------------------|
|             Shining Light Productions              |
|      "Meeting the needs of fellow programmers"     |
|                                                    |
|   C/C++ programs                                   |
|   QBasic programs                                  |
|   JavaScript                                       |
|   TI-Basic                                         |
|   HTML                                             |
| Search for our web site at                         |
| www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/8504/      |
| We use a dynamic web server for most of our        |
| documents!!!                                       |
| Soon to go to a full JavaScript 1.1 web site!      |

Follow-Ups: References: