Re: speed

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: speed

On Tue, 17 Jun 1997, Fred Brown wrote:
> i think i have rom 8.0 i have a older TI-85 calc the bateries are low
> and the screen is dim, probally why it is renning slow tonight
>
> another test took 47.5 secs try it for your self

I think that we need to make a program that will take longer to end if we
want to compare the speed of one model with more/less mem. free, normal
or turboed and it could be a simple loop.
If someone wants to compare the sped of ti85 to speed of the ti81/82/83/86
then more things, like in this program, should be included (PtOn, det
matrix, fnint and more.  ...$0.02...

> :-63 -> xmin
> :63 -> xmax
> :0 -> xscl
> :-31 -> ymin
> :31 -> ymax
> :0 -> yscl
> :rectgc
> :axesoff
> :cldrw
> :for(x,-63,63)
> :for(y,-31,31)
> :pton(x,y)
> :end
> :end
> :disp "Done"
>

> I did not time it but i raced it against another calc one day it beat by
> around 4 to 5 times faster

Follow-Ups: References: