Re: speed

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: speed

> On Tue, 17 Jun 1997, Fred Brown wrote:
> > i think i have rom 8.0 i have a older TI-85 calc the bateries are low
> > and the screen is dim, probally why it is renning slow tonight
> >
> > another test took 47.5 secs try it for your self
>
> I think that we need to make a program that will take longer to end if we
> want to compare the speed of one model with more/less mem. free, normal
> or turboed and it could be a simple loop.
> If someone wants to compare the sped of ti85 to speed of the ti81/82/83/86
> then more things, like in this program, should be included (PtOn, det
> matrix, fnint and more.  ...$0.02...

I would rather the list wasn't flooded with people reporting speed information
on their calculators. Perhaps they could email the original poster who was
calling for this info directly. They could compile it and post it for all of
us in 2 weeks. Or they could make something like the TI games top score web
page.

Also I'm thinking that you can't get too accurate of a reading. Doesn't the
freshness of the battery affect speed quite a bit? I doubt you will get people
to run out and buy fresh batteries to do the test.

TTFN
Andy