Re: OShell-82 v2.5 and Tunnel 1.0

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Terry Peng wrote:
> This game is a blatant clone of my usgard game! (the earlier version,
> not
> Tunnels 3.6 at ticalc.org) Man, it really pisses me off when someone
> clones
> my game and doesn't give me any credit at all. PLEASE tell me I'm
> mistaken.
> PLEASE tell me that I misread the source. PLEASE tell me that I missed
> my
> name in the readme.
>
> (And by the way I'm aware of the irony that there are other games out
> there
>  which my game seems to copy somewhat but this O82 game is EXACTLY
> like mine,
>  at least I tried to vary a little. He's got the same walls, the same
> ship,
>  and most of the source is alike also, (but I'm not accusing him of
>  disassembling my source.) Even the same fucking name(almost). I'm not
>  really mad about the copying part, just the lack of credit given.)
> --
> Terry Peng
> tpeng@geocities.com

Hmm, lets see, did you make up this game??
I didn't think so.
There is a game for the HP48 by this name that has been out for years
(this version as the same name the same walls...). Also I believe I
released my version for Fargo before Usgard even came out, upon which my
TI-82 version was based. So if anyone has the right to be angry about
ideas being copied, it is I.  Plus the games look entirely different if
you take the time to scrutinize them. (as I see you did, but somehow
failed to miss this point)

        -Andrew