Re: TI-92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-92

After the initial thrill of seeing what the 92 can do and putting it
through all the tests of the toughest calculus problems, I use mine
mainly for checking my answers against those in the text.  After
learning the basics of differentation, integration, and solving DE's, it
seems that the problems confronted in calculus are aimed at "setting up"
the problems, ie setting up a derivative, integral or DE.  Instead of
taking the time to "compute" the equasion that took some minutes to set
up, I like to plug the equation into the 92 and let it do the
computational part.  That way, I can spend more of my time working on
more problems which involve "setting up" the necessary equation, and
less time "doing" the actual computation, which I am assuming I already
know how to do.

Mitch Haas