Re: Scott Loge <scottyl@HOTMAIL.COM>: Fwd: POEM...ITS DEEP....]

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Scott Loge <scottyl@HOTMAIL.COM>: Fwd: POEM...ITS DEEP....]

That letter provides no benifit to anybody, sorry.  I didn't read this
version, so I don't know if someone tacked on the thing that says "5 cents
will be donated to each person this is forwarded to" -- to this day not a
single person, organization, or company has --EVER-- donated ANY amount of
money for email forwarding, a popular one you will see is the one from
American Cancer Society.  People make these things up.

The thing is, this poem is not about calculators, it has no right being on
this list.  I've also received this thing at least once from every person I
know who has a computer because of the message.  No, I'm not going out
getting drunk, actually, I was board-memeber of an anti-drug club in high
school before I graduated.  Look at my homepage in the Literature section,
I've written anti-drug skits to promote drug awareness.  But do you see me
posting them here?  No.  I ran a Snowball conference.  But do I post the
details here?  Nope, because it's not the appropriate place.

Were you bored when you wrote this?  It's quite long, and you start to rant
on near the end :)...  Well, since you all want drug free messages, do you
want me to post some paraphanalia?  I can if you want, after all this is
obviously an acceptable subject on a calculator list...

Also, I would not have wrote a response if it had been anyone but this
person, who has bashed ti calculators and tried to publicly humiliate me by
showing that he knows more about calculators than I do (which, well, isn't
true).  I'm sick of him, he annoys the piss out of me.

At 09:16 AM 8/30/97 -0500, Tim P. Gerla wrote:
>On Fri, 29 Aug 1997, 82nd Deer wrote:
>
>> I really have a question for you - what the hell is wrong with you?  You
>> are on this list, flame people who know more about the calc than you (ie:
>> me), and post useless and un-calc related things!  Don't EVER do something
>> like that again - it's rude; I'm on this list for calculator stuff, not
>> shitty poetry that anyone with friends and a email account has gotten at
>> least 20 times.  Next time (and any times after that) please think before
>> you post.
>>
>I don't believe this! The first time e e tries to do something to HELP
>someone else, what does he get?! FLAMED! Now, if the subject matter of the
>message he sent would have been any different, I would have flamed him
>myself. But since he has about 1 tenth of a clue more than I though, I
>restrained myself. But could you?! NO. You probably GET DRUNK every
>Saturday, and you don't want to be reminded of what stupid things you are
>doing to yourself. Anyway, that's personal, so I won't go there. Just
>keep your stupid freaking flames off the list, nobody likes to read them.
>I'd much rather read 10 pages of headers
>
>(ANOTHER pet peeve of mine!  People who post chain letters, as if the
>letter itself isn't bad enough, but they leave pages and pages of headers!
>WTF FOR? To allow the little spambots that are subscribed to the list easy
>pickings? LEARN TO DELETE, PEOPLE!)
>
>Posting chain letters, even if they are of a decent subject matter, is
>stupid. Can't people see this? Instead of congratulating him, you should
>be THANKING him for maybe saving your, or your friends, life. Get off of
>your 'Nothing can hurt me' additude. Things can. If I wanted, I could have
>a scud missle pointed right to your house, and the next flame I see from
>you, you wouldn't exist anymore. I'd probably be in enough trouble myself,
>but if it wern't for this drinking problem...
>
>People are too nice in this world. We put up with spammers, chain letters,
>Make Money Fast, when for a few bucks on the black market, we could have
>the tools of revenge! No more problems, if we got rid of the
>problem-makers! People really should learn a bit of compassion. I mean,
>what's the matter with you all? Sometimes can't we just learn to hit
>DELETE and get rid of an offending message? NOOO, we have to resort to
>means of internet terrorism, mailbombing, flaming, etc, when we could just
>ignore it. People depend on hurting others to help themselves out too
>much. They should be more focused on THEMSELVES, trying to make THEMSELVES
>better, not changing someone else.
>
>People have no lives. Anyone who can sit here at type 1 and a half pages
>of ranting are stupid, worthless, and incompetent. I'd like to see how you
>fools make out in the real world. Oh yes... People are also too engrossed
>in sports. WHO CARES about winning, if it's just by throwing a ball far
>enough, fast enough, straight enough? And football. Football, stupid,
> [...]
---
Evil Jim
Viva La Mexico
<eviljim@writeme.com>
http://members.tripod.com/~eviljim/
I want to die in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming in pain like
the passengers in my car...