Re: TI-83 Assembly prgrms

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-83 Assembly prgrms

On Wed, 24 Jul 1996, Matthew Kaufman wrote:

> Does anyone know when some TI-83 games or programs will come out?  I
> really like the ZShell games on the 85 and I guess the 83 can do them, too.

I'm working on a hex viewer for the 83.  I only have about
half hour a day to work on it but it's working and I just
need to give it some kind of user interface.  Next I'll turn
it into the beginning of something like dos's debug.  I'm
also trying to do it so it'll be easy to port to the 85.

The next step after a simple hex viewer will be to let it
execute code with breakpoints and also a register display.

I also have some other ideas for extending this to make it
a tool for easy coding and debugging in hex, not in asm.
It might disassemble to mnemonics but there won't be any
interpretation of operands, with the possible exception of
relative jumps being presented as absolute addresses.

I'd like to hear what anyone else is doing.  Also, if anyone
feels up to writing a 1 line assembler and disassembler, I'd
love to include it with this tool.  That's a bigger job than
I want to do.

I will provide breakpoints, later there'll be single stepping
and maybe some way to do automatic relocation of subroutines.
I saw some pretty slick relocation tools on a 6502 years ago
and I've always wanted to try to implement that to see if I
can figure out how they did it.  I think I can.  That's a
little tougher on the z80 with so many more opcodes, but it
can be done.

If anyone else is working on anything for the 83, we probably
should let each other know about it so we don't all write the
same thing.

Barry