Re: DOS to TI-92 Link ???

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: DOS to TI-92 Link ???

On Wed, 24 Jul 1996, Mike Harder wrote:

> Not to sound like a snob, but it really is time to get Windows.  You
> can't expect software manufacturers to cater to the outdated.  You
> should be able to pick up a cheap 486 for around $500, just a little
> more than you paid for those two calcs.  A 486 can easily run Windows
> 3.x, and maybe even Windows 95.

I disagree completely.  There are more dos users now than ever.
Who cares that windows users are increasing 10 times faster.  If
it was worth writing a program for us 5 years ago and there are
more of us now than there were then, many more, then it's worth
writing for us today.

They don't stop writing for dos because there isn't a market.
They stop writing for dos because they found a bigger market and
it's more glamerous.

I own and use Windows because I have to in a few situations today.
But I don't like it and I avoid those situations when I can.

I'm pretty amazed and very disapointed that TI has chosen not to
support dos users.  I feel ignored.

As for outdated,  I keep hearing that at work.  I'm outdated.  I
keep going to dos to do things instead of learning how to do them
in windows.  The other thing I keep hearing is "Wow!  How do you
do that?".  For non-graphical applications, dos is the more
sophisticated tool for the user who knows how.  And it's a hell
of a lot faster.

Barry