Re: 68K Programming

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 68K Programming

> I was wondering if anyone knows of some good books to learn 68000
> Programming from. I started to take a 68000 course in college, but I never
> fully grasped it (between the teacher and my ill health, I wasn't there
> much). I have the ISBN number for "Assembly Language and System Programming
> for the M68000 Family" (ISBN #0-669-28199-9, for anyone who's interested).
> Can anyone either recommend this book, or another book that they would feel
> to be a better teacher (or better reference)?

The best references are, in my opinion, the Motorola 68000 Family User's
Guide and the MC68000 Databooks.  Of course, I've never used anything
else, but these books seem to be extremely complete and are as handy as
the Z80 books produced by Zilog.  These books are also free, you can
obtain them from somewhere on motorola's website (although (sorry!) I
forgot exactly where), at www.motorola.com...

Hope this helps,

     Josh Hays          |             johays@brownell.edu
  Omaha, Nebraska       |      http://www.brownell.edu/~johays
      "Id quod fuimus aut sumus, non cras erimus." -Ovid