Re: DOS to TI-92 Link ???

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: DOS to TI-92 Link ???

Thomas G. Welch wrote:

>   I have laid out $ 400.00 to buy two TI-92's (one for each of my sons who
>   will be taking Pre-Calc) and cannot get the TI-92's to upload or
>   download information with a DOS machine.
>
>   We made the cable which used pins 11 & 12 with a diode whose cathode
>   points towards pins 2 and 3 respectively and used pin 20 as shield
>   (signal) ground. Everything seen in the schematic has been built into
>   this link RS-232C cord, but no data can be transferred in either
>   direction using the link program that is currently available.
>
>   TI's official attitude (as written in a reply to one of my questions of
>   them), is that the "software for the TI-92 link will be for Windows and
>   Mac applications only, no DOS version is planned." All of our machines
>   here at home are 8088 or 286's and we cannot use Windows. TI seems as if
>   they could care less.
>
>   My feelings at this point are that if we cannot get the TI-92's to
>   communicate, then I am going to take them back and ask for a credit to
>   our VISA card. What else is out there that will do what a TI-92 will and
>   will still allow downloading/uploading to a DOS platform ???
>
>   Any comments ot suggestions ???
>
>   Many Thanks.........Tom
Not to sound like a snob, but it really is time to get Windows.  You
can't expect software manufacturers to cater to the outdated.  You
should be able to pick up a cheap 486 for around $500, just a little
more than you paid for those two calcs.  A 486 can easily run Windows
3.x, and maybe even Windows 95.
<pre>
--
Mike Harder