Re: ti-92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ti-92

On Sat, 13 Jul 1996 23:24:47, pcjones@fox.nstn.ca wrote:

>Is it possible to add, subtract, multiply or divide polar numbers on the
>ti-92? I know it is quite easy to do with the ti-85, but I can't seem to get
>it to work on my 92. Help with the proper syntax would be appreciated!!
>

>P.S. I would like to achieve the above result without having to convert back
>and forth from rectangular if possible...

On a related note, I've never been able perform operations on complex
numbers in polar form either on the TI-92 (i.e. e^i*theta).  Sometimes
the correct answer is returned, but often it's not.  This isn't a
matter of getting the wrong quadrant, either.  I've found that I have
to convert the number to rectangular, and then perform the operation.
Does anyone know how to make this work?

<pre>
---
Jeff Boyce