Re: A92: MultiASM v1.4 -- Losing Weight!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: MultiASM v1.4 -- Losing Weight!

Well, i may be wrong as i have not had time yet to install the latest
version of doorsos or -i don't remember its name, sorry-, but provided you
do not access directly some mem areas and use the defined tokens, there
should be pb: the same program should work on any calc...
Also, i don't know whether it exists but i think that the os should allow
programs to know on what calc they are running so if the autrhors have not
included an information array, they should do it ...

Best regards, mathieu

PS: as i cannot send any messg from my own pc, there are many which never
reached the list..
But, the most important:
I have just bought an 89, i have not ti cable and am running linux.
My main pb is to get some communication prgm to run under linux.
I have tried (when i had one) to use flink and a 92 but i could never get
past the ack stade: the first bytes of the calc and the computer seemed to
go on smoothly but as soon as it got to ack the first exchanges, the calc
and the computer would get into an infinite loop, waiting for each
other... Anyone made a 92 run under linux with a homemade Parallel link
cable ?

* Mathieu Lacage                            *
* ch 224,                                   *
* 212 Rue de Tolbiac                        *
* 75013 Paris                               *
*         mathieu.lacage@email.enst.fr      *
*                    President Blue Note    *
*                    Chef du Bar            *

On Wed, 16 Dec 1998, Famille SCHERRER wrote:

> At 02:40 14/12/98 -0800, you wrote:
> >
> >To all MultiASM users:
> >
> >(I apologize for the release of a new version so soon after
> >the last.  But this feature is worth the download!)
> >
> >If you are like me, your source files have extensive comments.
> >My [i3] project current contains seven modules (and that is
> >expected to almost double).  I have 12 lines of comments in
> >the beginning of each file to explain its purpose and to keep
> >track of its revision history.  So already my final source
> >output has 84 lines of useless text.  I realized that the
> >final source would only be used to compile, so I added a new
> >feature to MultiASM.
> >
> >MultiASM v1.4 -- Losing Weight!
> >
> >For those comments that do not need to be there, we have a
> >new command-line option.  The "--small" option tells MultiASM
> >to strip out comments hence reducing this output to basically
> >the smallest possible file.  My [i3] project was 9114 bytes
> >with only seven modules.  That puts the average modules size
> >exactly at 1302 bytes.  However, after using the new feature,
> >the output size is down to 726 bytes.  This means that about
> >92% of my source is comments.  A68K will probably be thanking
> >me for not shoving a whole bunch of useless data in its pipe!
> >
> >http://www.inlink.com/~mozart/MultiASM/
> >
> >====
> >Aaron Hill (Redmond, WA)
> >E-Mail: SeracOhw24@msn.com
> >IRC-Nick: Serac (EF-Net) (was SeracOhw)
> >

> I USE MULTIASM !!! And i will download the new version
> I don't know if a lot of people use it, but it is a MARVELLOUS
> program !! How on earth can we make programs both
> compatible with TI92 and TI92+ ????
>
> Thanks Aaron !
> Benoit

Follow-Ups: References: