Re: A92: MultiASM v1.4 -- Losing Weight!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 02:40 14/12/98 -0800, you wrote:

>To all MultiASM users:
>
>(I apologize for the release of a new version so soon after
>the last.  But this feature is worth the download!)
>
>If you are like me, your source files have extensive comments.
>My [i3] project current contains seven modules (and that is
>expected to almost double).  I have 12 lines of comments in
>the beginning of each file to explain its purpose and to keep
>track of its revision history.  So already my final source
>output has 84 lines of useless text.  I realized that the
>final source would only be used to compile, so I added a new
>feature to MultiASM.
>
>MultiASM v1.4 -- Losing Weight!
>
>For those comments that do not need to be there, we have a
>new command-line option.  The "--small" option tells MultiASM
>to strip out comments hence reducing this output to basically
>the smallest possible file.  My [i3] project was 9114 bytes
>with only seven modules.  That puts the average modules size
>exactly at 1302 bytes.  However, after using the new feature,
>the output size is down to 726 bytes.  This means that about
>92% of my source is comments.  A68K will probably be thanking
>me for not shoving a whole bunch of useless data in its pipe!
>
>http://www.inlink.com/~mozart/MultiASM/
>
>====
>Aaron Hill (Redmond, WA)
>E-Mail: SeracOhw24@msn.com
>IRC-Nick: Serac (EF-Net) (was SeracOhw)

I USE MULTIASM !!! And i will download the new version
I don't know if a lot of people use it, but it is a MARVELLOUS
program !! How on earth can we make programs both
compatible with TI92 and TI92+ ????

Thanks Aaron !
Benoit

Follow-Ups: References: