Re: LF: C programming for the TI-92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: C programming for the TI-92

> Well, here's my opinion (I'm sure many people will disagree):
>
> I think that all Fargo programs should be written strictly in
> assembly language.  When written in ASM, the programs are very fast,
> efficient, and don't take up a whole lot of space.  When written in
> C, the same program will be much slower, less efficient, and take up
> much more space.  The only good thing about C programming is that it
> is relatively easy to program in, but if written in ASM, the games
> and programs will be much better.
>
> -Ed

Once C is compiled it is machine code. Once ASM is compiled it is machine
code as well. I disagree with you about the speed part. Why would it be
slower? C is a compiled languege, like ASM, only its higer-level. Yes, a
compiled C program is probably much larger than an asm one due to many libs
& stuff, but I say its well worth it. The development of the programs
themselves would speed up, and that's better than just a few speedy
programs.

-steve@adverspace.com

Follow-Ups: References: