Re: LF: C programming for the TI-92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: C programming for the TI-92

> > Well, here's my opinion (I'm sure many people will disagree):
> >
> > I think that all Fargo programs should be written strictly in
> > assembly language.  When written in ASM, the programs are very fast,
> > efficient, and don't take up a whole lot of space.  When written in
> > C, the same program will be much slower, less efficient, and take up
> > much more space.  The only good thing about C programming is that it
> > is relatively easy to program in, but if written in ASM, the games
> > and programs will be much better.

I have to point out that the ti-92's rom is written in 'c' therfore
all of the library routines take no space at all!  So 'c' can be
almost as space-efficient as assembly in some situations!  I've
actually started work on a 'c' compiler (based around HCC, if you
know it) I've just halted work until we figure out some math routines
ao I can implement floating point....

Rob Taylor MAIL - mailto:rtaylor@ticalc.org
           WEB  - http://www.u-net.com/~rtaylor/