LF: solving library problems (was Re: LF: Contrast )

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

BRENT L. GRIGG writes:
 > should be made in a MAJOR library, one that most programs use.  It is
 > really a pain when you install this new program and you find that a
 > library or two is missing.  I think that there should be as few libraries
 > as possible.  If only the programmer would put the library in with

I was thinking about this same issue myself.  The problem is that assembly
gets unmanageable when it's all in one big source file.  Plus, it's handy
to reuse some miscellaneous functions without having them all inline.  I'm
looking ahead at some stuff I want to do and I plan to have graphics,
sprite, and keyboard libraries at the minimum.

I haven't tried this, but it must be possible to store Fargo stuff in
folders or groups so that you could at least package your own libraries
with your main program a little better.

Has anyone figured out the overhead for calling a library function
compared to a regular jsr/rts function?

-Kevin
khbuer@mr.net