Re: LF: This just in.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: This just in.

Ilkka Sorsa wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Dec 1996, Christopher Poole wrote:
>
> > > What about some kind of calibrating program for grayscale/bw-screen
> > > That kind of program would save a lot of diamond- +/-:es.. ;)
> >
> > Actually, the greyscale programmers could use routines similar to those
> > in BContrast to adjust the contrast up or down a notch before the
> > program starts, and then restore it afterwards.
>
> Again, only 70kilos of ram space in disposal, so it isn't very efficient
> to attach such a adjusting capability into every program..
> If contrast is adjusted by notch-basis, it doesn't take battery condition
> into account. I think it's better to make an exact adjustment.
>
>  -Ipe
>  [ http://www.kotakk.fi/~y95silso ]

Actually, the code to change the contrast only takes a couple lines of
code, and could easily be put into a library (infact I was going to do
it, and may soon)
I figgured that maybe a one or two notch adjustment between
greyscale<>bw would prrobably work fairly well across battery levels...
besides, we know now how to do it by notch, but I don't know how to do
it to xact amounts (although I may have an Idea.)

But really, IT does not Take mutch room at all (esp compaired to the
size of a large game)  I'm pretty sure that the actual code would take
up less space than the *title* takes up within programs
--
Christopher Poole
poole.christopher@paradox.net

Follow-Ups: References: