Re: A89: TIGCC IDE in Linux

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: TIGCC IDE in Linux

>> Does Delphi run under WINE?
>
>     I have no clue! If I get some more motivation i will probably try to
> find out though. As far as i know, I do not have a copy of delphi though. I
> am kinda thinking that there may be a version of delphi for linux... seems
> like i saw on the CD's I got with Red Hat once; but i don't remember.

Although I don't know whether Delphi runs under WINE, I do know that there is no native Linux version of Delphi.
Delphi 2 and up are Win32 programs and Delpi 1 is a Win16 program.

There is, however, Kylix. It has either been released already or it will be released shortly. It's basically Delphi for Linux. However, as far as I know it's not a stupid tool for porting Windows applications, but a full native Linux development environment. Hence, it most likely won't compile Delphi projects without modifications, but it might be very helpful in porting the IDE to Linux. Not sure though :).

>     Really, so Delphi is like c++ is to c?

Sure is! Delphi is a VERY cool programming language, it is fully object-oriented and extremely fast. Give it a try, chances are you'll love it.

In fact, Pascal is a great language and I'm thinking that maybe some day I should port some Pascal compiler to cross-compile for the 68k.

Bartosz

Follow-Ups: References: