Re: A89: TIGCC IDE in Linux

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: TIGCC IDE in Linux

Hi!

| I know the ide will open project files when double clicking. What I meant
| was it would be nice if one could double click on a .c file or a .h file
and
| have the ide open it

OK.  I won't do it by default, though; you'll still have to create the file
types.

| To tell you the truth, I was surprised that WINE was able to start the
ide,
| I've been looking for a nice way to develop in Linux, and it just popped
| into my head that i should try wine.

I thought about what might be causing the problem: I use the Windows INI
file system to open and save project files.  If you make your own file
format for projects, you should be fine.

| How hard would it be to integrate C++ code into Delphi then drag and drop

I think Delphi accepts OBJ files.  Not sure, though.  Maybe C++ Builder even
creates DCU files by now.
Does Delphi run under WINE?

| would be easier I've never programmed in Delphi before! I did download the
| source code awhile ago and I took one quick glance at it and thought it
| looked like Pascal! whoops.

Yeah, it IS Pascal (Object Pascal, to be exact).

| All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the
| parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you
can't
| get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use
| hammer.

:-)

Bye,
Sebastian Reichelt