[A89] Re: Forgot one question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A89] Re: Forgot one question

> I had thought of this but I wasn't sure how it would work with split
> screens.  And if your program is in C then how do you write values like
> the pointer to the home window to it?  Complete is in asm so i can write
> those values directly do operand parts of the instructions to execute.

Samuel:
I use the FirstWindow pointer to get the pointer to the home screen after
calling cmd_disphome(); the FirstWindow pointer is only found once in the
install code and is saved to a global variable. Not too bad since I only
need to check it once to tell wither or not to do anything... The home
screen text edit pointer is another thing, I save it in a global variable as
well, but then copy it to a local variable if it is needed to save on the
program's overall size. I think that is faster than finding the pointer
every time the hook gets called...

It seems like i tested cmd_disphome() using a basic program to switch to the
graph screen and run ash; it worked just fine.
That was on a hw1 ams 2.05 calc.

Also, thanks for the code for the home screen text edit pointer; I ported it
to C and it works great!
__________________________

Emulators:

in the sdk, TI calls it a simulator not an emulator... go figure ;)

can I take the comments to mean that vti is *very* accurate or are there
certain areas in which it may fall short?

I would like to ask again for someone with a hw2 calc to try ash and email
me please, If the link that I gave doesn't work, cut and paste it into the
browser window and try it that way; I have had problems with geocities where
it says that the page does not exist, but cutting and pasting usually fixes
the problem. Otherwise email me and I will email it to you.

Thanks again,
Greg