Re: A89: Alignment Error

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Alignment Error

Serial wrote:

> science is proven fact. That's the difference. It is proven that as the sun

Is it proven fact that the sun will rise tomorrow?

> stands we are in a large orbit around it will alway rise until the day it
> explodes. Science is the facts that we live by. Numbers are intangable and

Numbers were just a stupid example I was using.

> only used for counting and figuring of problems. If you would like one to
> equal three, simply change all your calculating to have your scale be three
> times larger than normal and you'll get accurate answers as usual. Numbers
> are only for making sense of what we got, measuring, and classifying.
> Evolution on the otherhand can be believed or not. It's both ways. If you
> want to believe that we have to create new anti-bacteria's because the old
> ones are dieing and the ones surviving are the cause of evolution, strong
> survive, weak die then you can take that path. If you want to believe that
> the new ones are surviving because god says it's wrong to kill so he's
> modifying them or creating new bacteria that we cannot kill through
> bacterial genocide that's another path you can take. I'll not try to
> disprove either. That's the argument in it's simplest form and it's all in
> weather you believe science and the strong survive or religion and gods
> work. Nobody is going to change anyone's mind I realize that I'm just

I agree.

> wasteing keystrokes here but I dont know maybe it's worth it to trigger the
> high order phylosophy. I like it.

Agree Again.

> Personally I believe religion is the solution to people's inability to
> comprehend infinity and zero. If you will think of infinity. Think of the
> end of space being never. Then think of nothingness, there can never be a
> comprehension of these things because if you tell me you can I'll walk up to
> your face and call you a liar. Religion was created because of people's
> inabilty to comprehend nothingness and people would like to believe that
> after they die their soul goes up to heaven and lives with their family so
> that after your dead you can still be 'alive' persay. Because comprehending
> the lack of living is not possible =P (That's religion)

I must disagree here.  People, back in the day, created religion because
of natural phenemonons(sp?) that were happening around them, E.G.
earthquakes, eclipses, bad weather etc.  So they came up with this idea
that there were many gods (because they thought there had to be some
higher power, I mean, what can control nature?), each had a specific job
(god of such and such).  Naturally, these people, stupid though they
were, did not want earthquakes and famines and the such, so they tried
to please the gods.  Then this guy named Christ came around and said you
all are wrong, there is only one true God.  People said, nope, you are
wrong simply because it is easier to keep living the way that we have
been living (I.E. we are too lazy (for lack of a better word, and I dont
feel like looking one up) to reform their lives.  Anyways, religion was
the result of a search for a higher power, being if you like.

Also, I have a problem with people saying that they dont believe in
Christianity because the commandments say thou shalt not murder, but the
Christians killed (note killed, not murdered) many people in the
crusades.  First of all, I would be hard pressed to find anythig that is
not hypocritical in a way (except the docrtine of the Roman Catholic
Church).  So then if you dont believe in something because its
hypocritical, then please, inform me of what you believe in.

Serial, do you have icq?  Maybe we should talk and not trade emails?
Not that it would change anything.

Thanks, and sorry :)

     - Matthew

Follow-Ups: References: