Re: A89: Re: Perverted :)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Re: Perverted :)

Personally I really think that selling certain games for some small
amount of money is not such a bad idea.  I know of some programming
groups that put hours upon hours everyday into their games to make
somthing for people to play and enjoy.  Besides this is the same thing
that Bill Gates did to the computer industry and because of it look at
all the wonderful things we are now able to have and do only because
their was profit involved.  I really think it could revolutionize the
industry of calculators.  On the other hand i just dont want to have to
pay $5 for a crappy game.  I think that if we were to make games to where
you have to pay for them we should set up an organization who analyzes
the games to see if they are fit to sell.  And if I were going to pay for
a game it would have to be of serious high quality!  So this hypothetical
organization would have to have very very high standards so that when
they give their approval to sell a game that ppl will actually know that
the game that they are getting would be of high qualtiy.  An organization
like this would also be a good tool in the future for ppl who try to sell
their games that are not qualified (hence ripping ppl off) because they
would be able to inform our community of their unfit software.  This
would save us a ton of money.  This whole idea of selling games could
really increase the amount of intrest of ppl wanting to program their
calculators for the dream of being qualified to sell their games.  And on
the whole the whole idea of the organization would be able to increase
the intrest and experience of the ti calculator programming industry.  If
you belive and Organization like this should be set up then please
respond to this email and everyone on this list could help set up this
organization and maybe help programmers benifit in the long run.
	-McTwist (Eric Meeks)

Dux Gregis wrote:

> >>Dux Gregis enlightened me with:
> >>->
> >>->well, you know what that means ... you can write a program that will
> only
> >>->work on only one calc, relieving the privacy problem of paying for calc
> >>->programs
> >>
> >>so you're saying that the EE pro software that can be bought isn't
> >>"pirateable?"  or is it?  this is a question i've had for awhile.
> >
> >Hmm, I hope not.  I always liked the free softwear comunity.  Selling stuff
> >wouldn't be any good for us.
> >
> > --Nate
>
> Right.  It would be ok to sell certain programs, but you shouldn't get the
> idea into your head that you should program calcs in order that you make a
> profit.  If that's your aim, go program for other platforms.  However, if
> some of the best programmers got together and made a gameboy quality game, I
> don't so why it would be so terrible that they charge say $5 or $10 for copy
> to make up all the work they put into it--you shouldn't be so cupiditous as
> to think the great asm programmers sole purpose in life is to program for
> you.
>
> Note: since this is the kind of comment likely to start a large thread, you
> should notice how interesting a name it has ;-)

Follow-Ups: References: