Re: A89: Re: Perverted :)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Re: Perverted :)

>>Dux Gregis enlightened me with:
>>->
>>->well, you know what that means ... you can write a program that will
only
>>->work on only one calc, relieving the privacy problem of paying for calc
>>->programs
>>
>>so you're saying that the EE pro software that can be bought isn't
>>"pirateable?"  or is it?  this is a question i've had for awhile.
>
>Hmm, I hope not.  I always liked the free softwear comunity.  Selling stuff
>wouldn't be any good for us.
>
> --Nate

Right.  It would be ok to sell certain programs, but you shouldn't get the
idea into your head that you should program calcs in order that you make a
profit.  If that's your aim, go program for other platforms.  However, if
some of the best programmers got together and made a gameboy quality game, I
don't so why it would be so terrible that they charge say $5 or $10 for copy
to make up all the work they put into it--you shouldn't be so cupiditous as
to think the great asm programmers sole purpose in life is to program for
you.

Note: since this is the kind of comment likely to start a large thread, you
should notice how interesting a name it has ;-)