Re: A86: Re: LCD stuff

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: LCD stuff

> As near as I can tell, if the cpu hits $0000, the calc's going to be reset.
> Somehow, when the lithium battery is in there, that doesn't happen.  But
> why?

I know !!! :)  I use a trick in the (upcoming) ZAC memory recovery system...
When the cpu hits $0000, the TI-OS will test a checksum to determine
whether the calc has been turned off correctly, or crashed...
This checksum is located at _onCheckSum, and it's the 16 bit sum of the
whole ram page 2... if you set this checksum correctly and your program
crashes, when you remove one battery, put it back in and turn the calc on,
it should work as if it was turned off correctly ;-)

---
Clem Vasseur <darkclem@wanadoo.fr>
Icarus Productions <http://icarus.ticalc.org>

Follow-Ups: References: