Re: A86: Re: LCD stuff

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: LCD stuff

Then that would mean it is doing some weird stuff with the hardware to know
if it was reset or just had the AAA's pulled, right?  The only thing it does
when it starts is OUTs stuff, and that weird junk with the stack pointer.
As near as I can tell, if the cpu hits $0000, the calc's going to be reset.
Somehow, when the lithium battery is in there, that doesn't happen.  But
why?

> AFAIK if you use this routine and pull the AAA batteries, it will reset
> the memory, so it doesn't really turn the calc completely "off".
> However, the power usage is still very low in this state...  I don't
> think it would drain your batteries noticably to leave it this way for a
> while.  I think you need to use port 4 in some way to actually turn it
> off...

Follow-Ups: References: