Re: A86: ROM Images (legal battle thread)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: ROM Images (legal battle thread)

Texas Instruments is not a malicious company.  Other websites have posted
ROM images before.  TI has just kindly asked them to remove the images and
they did.  Of course, if the owners of those webpages didn't remove them,
then TI could have sued them.  However, TI would probably e-mail the owner
of the server first and do everything possible before they took legal
action.

TI links to a few major "fan" websites to promote a sense of community.
This is just another step they are taking to continue their domination in
the graphing calculator market.  Believe it or not, but sites like
ticalc.org help sell calculators.  I doubt TI would want to end that.

--
Bryan Rabeler <brabeler@ticalc.org>
   File Archives, News, Features, and HTML