Re: A86: ROM Images (legal battle thread)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 04:34 AM 11/19/98 +0100, you wrote:
>The links are there because TI can't possibly keep a good archive of
>up-to-date games and ticalc.org does a pretty good job, so they just
>provide a link.  This helps users find out about the emense archive of
>games out there and helps sell more TI calcualtors (theoritically).

Are you sure about that?  Do you inside information on the corporation that
tells you that?  My theory is as good as yours and I believe that it is
always good to be ready for anything.  If we prepare for an attack, which
maybe is false and never will happen, but on the other hand if it happens
and we are not prepared, then we will not stand even a single chance.  This
is why I say prepare for an attack.  It may be links to ticalc.org now, but
what is the ultimate purpose of those links?  Good or bad?  Look at the
trends of other corporations and decide for yourselves.

>--
>Bryan Rabeler <brabeler@ticalc.org>
>   File Archives, News, Features, and HTML
>   the ticalc.org project - http://www.ticalc.org/
>
>On Wed, 18 Nov 1998, Thomas J. Hruska wrote:
>
>> >then why do they have links on their site to both ticalc.org and the
>> ti-files?
>> >why would they encourage something they intend to shutdown?
>>
>> The links intend to bring more people to such sites as ticalc.org.  The
>> more the merrier...right?  Wrong.  There are people dedicated enough to the
>> TI-files that they might actually write an ASM program, put a portion of a
>> TI ROM image at the end of the program, upload to ticalc.org, warn TI-files
>> not to get the file, alert TI when ticalc.org accepts the program, and no
>> one would ever be the wiser (not to give TI-files lovers any ideas though
>> ;)  Such a mess up could be fatal to ticalc.org.  While TI might just give
>> a warning the first time, they would seriously consider suing the second,
>> and would do so the third.  All it takes is one or two people using TI's
>> links to such web sites to start the whole process.

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org

Follow-Ups: References: