Re: A86: Compression Program

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Compression Program

Stephen Hicks wrote: << This leads to a possible standard...  How would
the user have any idea what programs use what sqrt progrms?  We could
have sqrt programs (a) have a header with the name of the program that
uses it, or maybe (b) have a second hidden program, say maybe *KEY that
simply holds the name...  Either way would work, the first being a
little simpler, but the second being slightly
faster to execute and easier to look for... >>

I like the *KEY idea (and *HOME, *EXEC, *PARSE, *CMDTOK, ...)

Stephen Hicks wrote: << Why?  It could get confusing if there's a
*repton and a &repton... >>

A program shouldn't have to create more than one temporary variable...

Stephen Hicks wrote: << Kirk Meyer wrote: << i also wonder if i should
have an installer for (sqrt) programs that installs/uninstalls each type
of (sqrt) program so that the programmer doesn't have to put all that
overhead in and the user can manage their (sqrt) programs. oops... i
guess that would mean a standard would have to be formed... never
mind... >> Why's that? >>

Why? Because no one seems willing to accept standards that TI didn't set
for us. But I guess I will propose my standard for (sqrt)programs:
Each (sqrt) program will be kept in a string. This string will contain a
2-byte identifier. Following this identifier will be a description of
what the program does, null terminated. After the description will be
the actual code for the program.

--

Follow-Ups: References: