Re: A86: Compression Program

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Compression Program

Kirk Meyer wrote:

> yes i think here's how my program will be:
> * option to turn on, turn off, or delete individual (sqrt) programs that
> are installed

This leads to a possible standard...  How would the user have any idea what
programs use what sqrt progrms?  We could have sqrt programs (a) have a
header with the name of the program that uses it, or maybe (b) have a second
hidden program, say maybe *KEY that simply holds the name...  Either way
would work, the first being a little simpler, but the second being slightly
faster to execute and easier to look for...

> * option to turn on or off custom interrupts, on, and off, routines
> * list of hidden variables [besides #, !, and (sqrt) programs] that the
> user can select to delete. might eliminate the first character so that

Why?  It could get confusing if there's a *repton and a &repton...

> the list looks something like:
>
> Which of the following programs do you wish to reset the defaults for:
> sqrxz
> repton
> sc2k
>   .
>   .
>   .
>
> this would, of course, require having a useful name after the illegal
> character, namely the title of the program or the title of what the
> hidden string contains (for example, the secure86 password is stored in
> a variable called ' PW ')
>
> i also wonder if i should have an installer for (sqrt) programs that
> installs/uninstalls each type of (sqrt) program so that the programmer
> doesn't have to put all that overhead in and the user can manage their
> (sqrt) programs. oops... i guess that would mean a standard would have
> to be formed... never mind...

Why's that?

--
Stephen Hicks