Re: [A85: Re: Here it is, the Sqrxz and Super Mario 86 level competiti

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: [A85: Re: Here it is, the Sqrxz and Super Mario 86 level competition!]

Michael Pearce wrote:

> They shouldn't have .cla extensions.  maybe it is the unzip program you are
> using?  i'm pretty sure they were .class 's for me using winzip.

Yeah, that was my point, it's a limitation of the MacOS file
naming system, files can only be up to 31 characters long.

> but it is
> an application - running in a web browser would have been hell since it
> needs to do file I/O and signing Java applets is a pain in the ass.

I just don't know how to run Java applications using MRJ.  I'll
try it at school though.

> if you
> have java on your machine on your machine at school, try it out.  Java is
> for the most part really cool.  And if you ever wanted to make any kind of
> ti 8X utility in java, i have a pretty good class that writes a ti 8X file.
> I kind of wish that ticalc.org had a directory for reusable programming
> classes.

Have you asked?  It sounds like a good idea to me.

- John (who is going to try Solomon's Key as soon as he sends this.)

--
The trouble with doing something right the first time is that
nobody appreciates how difficult it was.