Re: [A85: Re: Here it is, the Sqrxz and Super Mario 86 level competiti

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: [A85: Re: Here it is, the Sqrxz and Super Mario 86 level competition!]

Michael Pearce wrote:

> I didn't actually include a VM.  I included a windows DLL that allows for
> *native* execution of a natively compiled java application.  I.E. it is a
> native windows program written in java.

Alright, thanks for clarifying, I'm just learning Java.  So far
the class I'm in is only up to "make a button."

> I don't know too much about java on
> Mac.  If anyone would tell me if it works, i would love to know.  I don't
> even know where to download MRJ.

I downloaded it and took a look.  I only know how to run applets,
and I guess this is an application?  In any case, I noticed that
there were files with truncated names, like;

SolEditor$SolButtonListener.cla

So I would imagine it wouldn't work on a mac due to the file name
limits.  probably a fairly easy find and replace fix though.

> I had no intention of screwing anyone out of using the editor (which is why
> i included the interpreted java version).  But i knew that most people have
> PCs, so i made it easier for them to be able to use.  I did my best... i
> thought :).

hey, you're my hero just for programming anything at all.  :)
Well, I haven't even tried the game yet, If I really like it
maybe I'll run the level editor at school on the newfangled PIII's.

Later,

- John

--
"Nets would be better if they were small and pointy, and you
could put them in guns. Oh! I guess they'd be too much like