Re: [A85: Re: Here it is, the Sqrxz and Super Mario 86 level competition

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: [A85: Re: Here it is, the Sqrxz and Super Mario 86 level competition!]

I didn't actually include a VM.  I included a windows DLL that allows for
*native* execution of a natively compiled java application.  I.E. it is a
native windows program written in java.
If a person wants to use the *real* interpreted java version (which is how
most java applications are used), they need to have a java VM already
installed on their machine.  If i want to use the *real* java version, i use
the JDK i downloaded from sun's website.  Then i go to a DOS box and go to
the editor's directory and type:
    java -classpath "%classpath%;." SolEditor
It's over 10 megabytes i think to download the JDK... but i think you can
just get the JRE which doesn't have all of the development stuff.  I
definitely would not want to include something that large... especially for
each possible system.  If you are using a Mac, i think that MRJ probably
runs it, though i have never tried.  I don't know too much about java on
Mac.  If anyone would tell me if it works, i would love to know.  I don't
even know where to download MRJ.
I had no intention of screwing anyone out of using the editor (which is why
i included the interpreted java version).  But i knew that most people have
PCs, so i made it easier for them to be able to use.  I did my best... i
thought :).

-mike