Re: A85: Shells and games

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Shells and games

>Why do I not release programs I make?  Easy: _Nobody_ else would have
>any use for it.. I don't program games, just odd-ball (emphesis on
>odd-ball!) utilities!  Releasing them would really only waste space on
>ticalc.org's web server (nobody else would use them!)  Have YOU released
>every single program YOU ever made (reminder: that cute little "Hello
>world" program..)??

Well what are they?  What do they do?  I'd like to know, I could use them.
And yes, actually, I have released **EVERY** program I've made - hell, I've
released the SOURCE to almost every one of them, too.  I never did a "Hello
World" program; I started off programming games.  My first was SpamSpam
(available on my page or ticalc.org), then Darkness (same as SS), then
Ramdom (same, again), then the Super Shell (yet again, the same), then USUL
(currently only on my homepage because it's in alpha).  So, yes, I have
released every program I've ever worked on (and they're not all games,
either).  I don't give a flying fuck if people think they're useful or not,
even if not they're source examples.  But I guess I'm just a bit more
giving than you.

>And if I DID program games, I probably WOULD use Usgard (or at least
>make Usgard versions), because I know it has features that would be
>useful in games.. But I _don't_ program games, so Usgard isn't
>_necessary_ for me!! (also because I don't have games on my calc)  WHICH
>HAS BEEN MY POINT ALL ALONG!!

I don't always program GAMES either, yet I use Usgard and love every second
of it.

I don't believe you - I'm pretty sure you've never wrote a thing in your
life.
---
Evil Jim
Viva La Mexico
<eviljim@writeme.com>
http://members.tripod.com/~eviljim/
I want to die in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming in pain like
the passengers in my car...

Follow-Ups: References: