Re: LZ: Re: LZB: Here it is! The RAM/IO Expander

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Re: LZB: Here it is! The RAM/IO Expander

>>At 09:55 9/11/96 -0700, Marty Williams wrote:
>>>Can you send them in, say a zip format as an attachment.  I don't know what
>>>to do with this?

Ok, already... I am sorry for making such a big mistake on this list or the
binaries list, by replying to an e-mail which included a large chunk of
UUEncoded stuff.  I should not have included the whole list in the reply.
Ok,  are you happy now.

I am sorry for posting this on the zshell list.  But, I'm doing this to make
a point.  And I will probably get flamed for this too; oh well.   I don't
have time for the crap to gos on here. I have a real life.  I work full
time, have a family with a son in "High School" (so I'm older than most
folks on this list, but I'm only 40), and I'm going to school working on an
engineering degree.

I find it amazing how the high school maturity level as dominated this list.
Most of the junk that go's on here is generated by this group.  Over time,
we have seen most people who work for a living, drop off this list or you
never hear from them; like me.  Here at my company, I know of several other
engineers who use the TI 85.  Who were on the list and could help solve many
of the problems with hardware or software.  But, because of the junk that
dominates this list, they have dropped off.  This group is a little short of
professionals, and strong on those who have "just fallen off the turnip
truck", and think they know everything.  This is a great loss for everyone.

The work that has been done here has been great.  I am amazed at Zshell and
even some of the games.  However, most people beyond HS, don't have time to
play games.   What this group has fallen short on, is coming up with
something really useful.   The kids of this group may be good at writing
games, but there is more to the world of software than games.

The I2C stuff and namely the temp sensor has real promise.  To be able to
use your calc for something other than math and games.  I am excited over
the possibilities.  I am currently starting work on two projects.  One is a
single chip IR transceiver and the other is an electronic compass.  Both of
these circuits are doable, but software will have to be written.  Like most
electronics engineers,  I can build the hardware, but I can't write the
software.  I can "hack" at basic, C and a little asm.

Is there anyone out there who is interested, who like to team up?  If so,
I'd like to chat with you.   If not that's ok.  And if all I get are flaming
list (not that anyone will miss me),  find someone here that will help with
code, develop the devices myself.  The list won't ever hear from me again.

So, now what?

Follow-Ups: References: