A83: Opcode questions...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: Opcode questions...

I am working on a z80 discompiler right now so that I can view the 1.07 ROM
in all of its glory, but I've noticed some wierd things with the z80
instructions.  I am basing my discompiler off of a text file called "opcodes"
which is circulating around the internet somewhere and there are two specific
questions I have.  First, for each register there is a command "ld b,b" and I
am wondering what the purpose of something like this is because I think it is
something like the equivalent of X->X in Basic.  Second, I have seen a couple
of things like "jr nz,$+2" and am not entirely sure what this means.  Does it
mean to jump two bytes ahead of the current address?  Any help you guys could
give would be appreciated.

Ted21@aol.com