A83: 83P format verification

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: 83P format verification

OK, I think I got an idea of how the 83P file is stored, but I need somebody
else to look on it.

Right now I'm going to assume than every character in the ANSI/ASCII set is
represented by one byte.  (I think...somebody want to proof this?)

Bytes 1-8: Always "**TI83**".
Bytes 9-10: In DIAMONDS.83P (my example) they are ASCII values 26 and 10,
respectively.  I'm not too sure what they represent; I think they can be
ignored.
Bytes 11-50: Comment field.  I think.
Bytes 51-60: ???  In my editor, they were ASCII values 46 (".") , 95 ("_"), 85
("U"), 169, 8, 11, 0, 154, 8, and 6. I have no idea if this represents
anything significant.
Bytes 61-68: Name of the program.
Bytes 69-end: Program data.

Actually, all I'm trying to get to is the program data, but I need to make
sure of this so I don't access the wrong stuff.

Thanks in advance,

--David