Re: A83: Unsquish

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Unsquish

In a message dated 3/3/99 8:11:32 AM Mountain Standard Time, timagic@yahoo.com
writes:

>   It wouldn't be that hard to make a decompiler in Visual Basic.  Just
>  have to know how the 83p file is stored first.  I might fiddle with it
>  a little and see what I can do.

Working on that right now, actually...I think I know how to read the 83P, but
the only problem is trying to translate the hex code (let's say 3E1FD310C9)
into readable assembly mnemonics.   I know you could use a look-up table, but
the problem is is that Z80 opcodes don't follow the tried-and-true rule of
"instruction pair value pair".  Some use four pairs to describe an
instruction, some only use one... <sigh>  Right now I'm having hell trying to
think of a way to differienate between an instruction with one opcode and one
with four.

--David