Re: A82: Re: Random routine - human reaction times

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Re: Random routine - human reaction times

> The same logic would hold in the case of using a counter (as mentioned in
> an earlier post) to generate the random seeds.
> Besides, I never spoke about using r as the seed itself, but as an index
> into a page of memory. There are numerous ways to combine 8bit registers
> into 16bit addresses in order to extract a pseudo-random number from rom.
> You'll note that in my original shuffling routine r is only accesed once
> in the beginning as a seed.

No it wouldn't.  Unlike register R, a counter would only be increasing by 1
for each iteration.  The human input factor makes it truly random (if the
counter is small enough so that it wraps (64k is enough), and the counter
increments fast enough (full Z80 speed will suffice)).

-- Barubary

Follow-Ups: References: