Re: A82: questions (like you haven't seen that subject before)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: questions (like you haven't seen that subject before)

the game did have 8 way scrolling in one of the beta versions, but it
was removed because it was to slow (on an 85).  i doubt the 82's video
controller will be able to handle it.

-mike pearce

>I could've ported the game in a month if I didn't want to try my hand at an
>A.I. engine.  I wanted to make SQRXZ 82 reusable and expandable.  SQRXZ II:
> The Revenge of SQRXZ will have many advancements to the A.I. engine and
>will allow the enemies to do much more than in SQRXZ.  Every enemy and
>SQRXZ will have the capability to fire and I might change from 6-way
>scrolling to 8-way scrolling.  Some enemies will be allowed to jump and
>there might even be bosses.  Honestly, I haven't really thought about what
>I'm going to put in SQRXZ II, but expect it to be a huge demonstration of
>the second version of the A.I. engine.
>

>                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
>Shining Light Productions -- "Meeting the needs of fellow programmers"
>         http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/8504
>                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org

Follow-Ups: References: