Re: A82: questions (like you haven't seen that subject before)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: questions (like you haven't seen that subject before)

>At 06:34 PM 5/12/98 EDT, you wrote:
>>>  6) Thomas H... where's SQRXZ?
>>
>>on his computer
>
>Actually, it's on paper and I'm still working on the jumping part of
SQRXZ.
> I haven't worked on SQRXZ for over a week now because of production
week
>for our school play.  I have almost finished fixing the left and right
>routines so that they kill SQRXZ if he touches an enemy.  The following
>routines still need to be completed/made:  Left, Right, Up, Down motion
+
>scrolling routines for SQRXZ character (left and right motion just
needs a
>few touch ups and I'm done with them), death routine for SQRXZ, screen
>reverser for underwater scenes (not a big deal), copying the current
SQRXZ
>animation frame to the GRAPH_MEM, and displaying the screen.  Minor
details
>come after that, like external level support and a main menu.  Well,
back
>to homework and then SQRXZ.

   You sound like you are rewriting the game from scratch. You do know
the source was released, I hope. Programming on paper? No wonder its
been like 8 months since you started the project. It will be another
year before you finish it. SQRXZ 85 is good no doubt, but it probably
took the author a couple of months to write what will take you over a
year to port.
  Sam